Human Resources Generalist
Summary of Qualifications
Human Resources: 16 years
Expert – MS Excel
Expert – MS Word
Expert – Outlook
Intermediate – PowerPoint
Intermediate – Lotus Notes
Administration: 14 years
Travel Arrangements/Expense Reports
AP/AR Invoice/Payment Processing
General Clerical/Event Planning
DCCCD/Collin Collge, Dallas/Plano, Texas, Associates in Science
Richland Community College, Dallas, Texas, Human Resource Management Certification (151 hrs)
MV Transportation, Dallas, Texas 6/2012-current
HR Compliance Specialist
Current focus: I-9 compliance for 20,000 employees in 200 divisions nationwide.
- Daily new hire audits and monthly full company audits utilizing an electronic service, I-9 eXpress, a TALX product.
- Ongoing communication and education of General Managers on I-9 Compliance.
- HRIS focus: Write, maintain and support a variety of reports or queries; develop and administer standard reports. Help maintain data integrity by running queries and analyzing data.
- Coordination and reporting of required training companywide. Travel to contract start-ups nationwide to Lead in the Onboarding Project Management of HR and Quals.
- Reporting: DOL, JOLTS, Compensation Survey, Census Bureau Report of Org
CD Henderson Construction Group, LLC, Garland, Texas 9/2011-6/2012
Human Resource Generalist responsibilities for 35 employees. Accounting responsibilities including AP invoicing and cost coding
Real Page, Inc, Carrollton, Texas 8/2010-9/2011
- Primary responsibilities include evaluate, analyze, design, maintain the Human Resources Information System (UltiPro)
- Partner with payroll to ensure all new hires, transfers, promotions, changes of status, and terminations are processed timely and accurately
- Enter Benefit and Life Event deductions as well as 401 enrollments into UltiPro
- Run import of new hires for state reporting, Manage employment verification process
- Manager HRIS@realpage.com email box and provide Tier One UltiPro support to end users. Monitor system for problems; escalate and/or implement corrective and preventative actions.
- Work with Technical resources and end-user staff to analyze and troubleshoot errors
- Create and update HR forms, work flows and processes
- Maintain integrity and accuracy of database by performing regular audits
- Provide HRIS support during open enrollment, and Performance and Salary Review process.
LifePort Interiors, Plano, Texas, Office Manager/Human Resource Assistant, 2008-2010. Processed new hires and terms using ADP. Process Time and Attendance (ezLabor) and Time Off Sheets, Supervise Receptionist, Recruitment activities for location, Benefits, Work Comp claims, Knowledge of ISO Process and Procedures, Enforce Employee Handbook Policies and Procedures, create and coordinate Safety Committee for facility, promote and train on safety topics, coordinate training and ensure ISO and OSHA requirements are met, Coordinate travel and prep travel expense reports for management and employees, Support AP functions for the facility, maintain calendar for facility and GM.
Dependable Auto Shippers, Inc, Mesquite, Texas, HR Compliance Administrator, 2004-2008. Ensure all paperwork for new hires, transfers, promotions, and terms are completed and processed through HRIS (Ceridian) correctly. Ensure all I-9s are completed in a timely manner and retained properly. Work closely with payroll regarding issues and assist in troubleshooting. Process background screenings for applicants. HRIS reporting for management and executive staff, as well as government reporting (ie. EEO-1). Understand and communicate human resources policies and benefits. Ensures compliance with federal/state laws. Train employees on new policies and facilitate orientation for new hires. Serve as resource for managers on employee relations issues. Responsible for Employee Newsletter: creating, editing, publishing. Go-to person for benefits, LOA, FMLA and open enrollment. Implementation of Ceridian, Jan 2007.
Available upon request