CATHY PIERSTORFF 9810 CYPRESS COVE ROCKWALL, TX 75087
HOME: 972.475.9205 CELL: 469.267.1118 E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
- 31 years of experience as an Executive Assistant.
- Proficient computer knowledge with Microsoft Office Suite and possess the skills to quickly learn newsoftware applications.
- Typing 80 WPM; 10-key by touch, and strong aptitude for numbers.
- Professional communication both interpersonal and written.
- Self-motivated, detailed oriented, creative, a problem solver, and well-organized.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and handle stress.
Ralph E. Russell Co., Inc. Executive Assistant December 1985 – June 2016
Dallas, TX 75244-4516
- Generated thousands of dollars in income paid back to the company reconciling commission statements by detecting, validating, and revealing errors with manufacturers’ payments.
- Handled all travel arrangements for the owner of the company and the salespeople.
- Prevented delays and organized smooth travel schedules working closely with salespeople planning and coordinating itineraries for manufacturers visiting the territory.
- Saved the company money successfully tracking, maintaining, and serving as a liaison between the salespeople and manufacturers with their sample accounts and competitive inventories.
- Strengthened sales by creating sales flyers for special promotions and events.
- Planned meal catering for company meetings; helped plan events surrounding meetings; and provided help to attendees for other special needs; consequently, received many compliments on the professionalism of our sales meetings as well as the activities associated with them.
- Supported salespeople with their accounts, i.e. informed and resolved issues for their customers. Aided in obtaining new customers as the first contact when potential customers phoned the office with inquiries, gathered their information, informed responsible salesperson, then followed up to see task was completed.
- Compiled monthly reports; posted sales data; applied payments; and maintained customer,manufacturer, and employee data bases.
- Researched and negotiated office contracts, ordered supplies and new equipment.
- Increased office productivity designing forms for travel; forms including formulas for order and expense reports; credit applications for new accounts; trade show forms (e.g., schedules, attendeeswith booth numbers/locations, maps).
- Developed and implemented an Excel Workbook that contained one page for each manufacturer represented listing their policies/procedures and personnel; kept them up-to-date; thus allowing the salespeople to work smarter and faster because they had accurate information to handle situations.
- Streamlined efficiency in the office overseeing a project for the purchase of a server; setting upworkstations; thus, networking the office. Updated network equipment when necessary. Assisted in the installation and conversion to new software (DynaMacs which is popular in the automotive aftermarket and is like the CRM software.) for accurate recording of sales and applying commissions.
- Ensured the company’s professionalism monitoring the progress of the salespeople with projects and encouraging them to meet deadlines. Recreated the company’s Brochure to an electronic format further ensuring the company’s professionalism.
- Rendered a variety of secretarial duties including: assisting with IT support; providing new employees with information regarding company policies and benefits, handling their forms, and helping them get acclimated; shipping UPS/FedEx, filing, answering phone, opening/distributing mail.
Allstate Business College
University of Texas El Paso